Technical summaries are designed to provide non-academic professional members with an additional opportunity for dialogue and discussion about specific, individual scientific topics affecting the meat and poultry industry. Technical, non-sales/marketing summaries are to be submitted and reviewed by the American Meat Science Association’s (AMSA) RMC Abstracts Committee members and AMSA staff. Once approved, the poster will be presented by one of the contributing authors. Summaries are selected on technical merit and should include data to support hypothesis or conclusions. Research reviews on previously published works can also be submitted as a technical summary. If you would like to submit a summary that does not fit one of the categories or if you have questions please contact Deidrea Mabry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application summaries will not be published in the AMSA journal Meat and Muscle Biology, but will be made available to meeting attendees in the 2017 RMC smartphone app and RMC proceedings.
Session descriptions will be accepted in the following categories:
- New Technologies (Packaging, Processing, Information Collection, Instrumentation, etc.); and
- Food Safety Interventions, Analytics and Ingredients.
Individuals are encouraged to present timely scientific summaries in a poster presentation format at the AMSA 2017 RMC. Presentation material will only be considered for 2017 RMC by submitting a summary for review. These summaries are not intended to be part of any student poster competition at RMC and are not open to academic members, including students.
Complete Guidelines are posted in PDF format.
Click here to upload your abstract to the online submission site.
- If you submitted an abstract for the 2016 RMC, you should have already created an account and your previous login will allow you to access your account information.
- If you did not submit an abstract for the 2016 RMC, a new user account will need to be created.
- Please select the Topic "New Technical Summaries" in the online system
- Please answer Yes to the "Do you want your abstract to be considered for the New Industry Technical Summary section?" question.
Dates and Deadlines
11/17/2016 Call for Abstracts opens – submission system online
01/24/2017 Intents for Research Competitions Due (Graduate and Undergraduate)
3/31/2017, 11:59 p.m. Central Daylight Time Call for Abstracts ends – submission system closes
5/1/2017 Presenters notified of status of submission
5/5/2017 Deadline for all presenters to register for RMC