The Eastern National Intercollegiate Meat Judging Contest was held October 2, 2004 at Taylor Excel in Wyalusing, Pennsylvania.
- Travis Herod, Texas Tech University
- Josh Powell, Texas A&M University
- Cory Rains, Texas Tech University
- Jessica Henderson, Texas A&M University
- Blake Coates, Texas Tech University
- Curtis Wilde, Texas Tech University
- Jason Jordan, Colorado State University
- Allan Perry, University of Illinois
- Jake Tiedeman, Colorado State University
- Alicia Randall, University of Wyoming
Top 5 Teams
- Texas Tech University
- Texas A&M University
- Colorado State University
- University of Wyoming
- Oklahoma State University
In total, 57 contestants from 7 teams participated in the contest.
Pork was provided by Economy Locker, Pennsdale , Pennsylvania , and Leona Meat Plant, Wyalusing , Pennsylvania ; and beef was provided by Taylor Excel. Awards were sponsored by AMSA, the American Angus Association, the American Hereford Association, the American Veal Association, A. C. Legg, Inc., Berks Packing Company, Eastern Meat Packers Association, Eastern Lamb Producers Cooperative, Equity Group, George L. Wells Meat Company, Hatfield Quality Meats, National Pork Board, Pennsylvania Beef Council, Pennsylvania Pork Producers Council, Publishing Solutions, Inc., Swift & Company and Taylor Excel. The Pennsylvania Pork Producers Council and Pennsylvania Beef Council sponsored the coaches' dinner and Taylor Excel sponsored the awards banquet.