AMSA is currently seeking one student that meets our qualifications (see below) to complete a 3-month internship. The deadline for all applications is December 5, 2016.
Position: Communication, Marketing and Consumer Website Internship
Time Period: 20 hours per week for 3 months, January-March, 2017
Intern General Responsibilities:
· Student will assist AMSA staff in daily communications including but not limited to: overseeing the AMSA newsletters, generating press releases, developing and maintaining content for the AMSA consumer website (TheMeatWeEat.com) and developing marketing and promotional materials for the AMSA websites.
· Student will oversee the AMSA Educational webinars.
· Student will engage in social media to promote the AMSA consumer website.
· Student will assist in generating fact sheets and articles at the guidance of the AMSA staff and the Scientific Information committee.
· Work with staff on other assignments as needed.
The student will gain insights, skills and experience in online communication in the context of scientific education and outreach. The student will be expected to design several communications projects during their internship. All work will be evaluated by AMSA staff and volunteer leadership with continuous feedback provided. For more information or to apply please go online to: http://careers.meatscience.org
or contact Deidrea Mabry