AMSA 2023 National SLC Conference
Fort Worth Stockyards Fort Worth, TX | August 7 – 9
The AMSA 2023 National Student Leaders Connecting Conference (SLC) is coming to the old historic Fort Worth Stockyards!
- The national conference is to be hosted annually during the month of August- first or second week.
- The conference should be hosted in the central section of the United States, not to be hosted near an annual RMC host site. Location identification should be based on industry exposure and ease of transportation.
- The conference should be 2 to 3 days in length.
- Identify and connect upcoming student leaders with each other and industry professionals—Networking!
- Expose students to industry opportunities through facility tours and career panels.
- Expose students to present hot topics in the industry.
SLC experiences you will not want to miss include:
Touring meat industry packaging, equipment, ingredient, processing, and services companies in the area.
Actively engaging leaders from a variety of companies to understand their integral role in the meat industry.
Discussing and developing a better understanding of critical topics such as markets, sustainability measures and giving back.
Creating memories with the AMSA community and your network with fun evening activities.… and it wouldn’t be a meat conference without indulging in some of the local history and uniqueness of the host city!
2023 Conference Details
- Conference Dates: August 7-9, 2023
- Conference Location: Fort Worth Stockyards Fort Worth, TX
- Each track will visit three (3) tour facilities. The track selected will determine the tour facilities visited. Confirmed tours include: Darling Ingredients, FlexXray, Eurofins, Pepsi-Co Frito lay, Buckhead Meats, Cargill, Surlean Foods, FreshPet, Columbia Packing, Forum Meat, CTI Foods, 5 Star Foods, Rosani Foods, and Standard Meat.
2023 Conference Attendee Requirements
- Conference Attendee Minimum: 50 students- If a minimum attendee is not reached the event will be canceled.
- A maximum of 10 students will be allowed to attend from one educational institution.
- Conference Registration: $75.00/student
- Conference registration includes the program, meals/snacks during the conference, conference transportation, and lodging.
- Conference Registration Timeline
- Conference Registration Opens: January 9, 2023
- Conference Registration Closes: July 1, 2023
- Springhill Suites by Marriott in the heart of the Stockyards!
- Rooms will be furnished for checking in Monday and checking out Wednesday