AMSA 2023 West Region SLC Conference
Davis, CA | May 6
The University of California-Davis will host the AMSA 2023 West Region Student Leaders Connecting Conference (SLC)!
West Region Conference
- The regional conference is to be hosted annually during the month of March/April first or second week or May third or fourth week. The conference should be hosted in the Western region of the United States, not to be hosted near an annual RMC host site. Location identification should be based on growth of student members and increased outreach. The conference should be 1 to 2 days in length (F and S).
- Engage and Network with Industry Professionals
- Gain Exposure to the Processed Meats Industry
- Learn How to Balance Leadership and Teamwork Skills
- Exposure to American Meat Science Association Opportunities and other Youth Programming Events
Targeted Audience and Educational Institutions
- Students attending the conference should be students attending a higher education institution (junior/community colleges, culinary institutes, universities, etc.) with an interest in meat/food science and allied industries with the desire to learn more about the industry and explore the various opportunities.
- Targeted schools will be identified by the current Student Board of Directors and AMSA Staff within a 12-hour radius from the host facility.
2023 Conference Details
- Conference Dates: May 6, 2023
- Conference Location: Davis, CA
Conference Attendee Requirements
- Conference Attendee Minimum: 20 students- If a minimum attendee is not reached the event will be canceled.
- A maximum of 8 students will be allowed to attend from one educational institution.
- Event Attendee Maximum: 50 students
- Conference Registration: $25.00/student
- Conference registration includes the program, meals/snacks during the conference, as well as an educational and creative approach to charcuterie boards
Conference Registration Timeline
- Conference Registration Opens: January 9, 2023
- Conference Registration Closes: April 7, 2023
- Registration: $25.00/student
Tentative Conference Agenda