2023 AMSA PROFESSIONAL AWARDS
An Intent to Nominate is required for all American Meat Science Association (AMSA) Professional Awards submissions. Please complete the form below to submit your nomination. If you require assistance in submitting a nomination please contact Crystal Ahrens, Director of Outreach and Education.
- Submit online Intent to Nominate - Closed January 31, 2023
- Submit completed award application online by February 24, 2023
- AMSA members are eligible for any of the awards if they have been a professional member of the association for at least three consecutive calendar years prior to the date of their nomination. AMSA membership is not required of nominees for the Intercollegiate Meat Judging Meritorious Service Award.
- Officers and voting members of the AMSA Board of Directors are ineligible for all distinguished service awards given by the association during their term of office.
- No member of the AMSA professional award selection committees shall be eligible for the award judged by that committee.
- No member is eligible to win more than one professional award in a year.
- No previous recipient of an award is eligible to win the same award again.
- The nominee must be living at the time the nomination is submitted.
NOMINATION OF AWARDS
- Any active professional or emeritus member of the Association may make an award nomination, except current AMSA officers, voting members of the Board of Directors, and members of an award’s Selection Committee.
- AMSA must receive intent to nominate by January 31, 2023. Nominations received after this date will not be eligible for consideration.
- Nominations made in one year will be automatically carried over for up to three years for all awards except.