AMSA Professional Member Awards Program
The American Meat Science Association (AMSA) Award Committees seeks nominations for the 2023 AMSA Professional Awards. AMSA highly encourages self-nomination for all awards.
Professional Award Timeline
- Intent to Nominate - Due January 31, 2023
- Award documents and completed application due February 24, 2023
For the honored Signal Service and R.C. Pollock awards, names of deserving AMSA members may be submitted to the board of directors (BOD) for consideration. However, please note that nominated individuals may or may not make the final ballot voted on by BOD.
Award: An honorarium, a suitably engraved wristwatch, and an appropriate memento.
Purpose: To recognize outstanding research in the meat industry.
Award: An honorarium, a suitably engraved wristwatch and an appropriate memento.
Purpose: To recognize those who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in an area related to the meat industry.
Award: An appropriately engraved plaque
Purpose: To recognize outstanding contributions or service to the Intercollegiate Meat Judging Program.
- To honor an individual for internationally recognized contributions to the field of meat science and technology.
- To recognize the recipient’s active leadership and promotion of international activities in fostering cooperation and open communication, and the dissemination of knowledge for the benefit of society through meat science and technology.
- To provide an opportunity for the recipient to share his/her expertise with the AMSA membership.
To enhance, expand and promote the international scope of the AMSA.
Selection: The Reciprocal Meat Conference Program Planning Committee will select the recipient of the award based on the eligibility criteria. The committee will request recommendations from the AMSA membership,
but is free to select any individual who meets the following criteria. The recommendation must include the name and affiliation of the individual and a brief statement of qualification, no more than 2 pages. Nominations for 2022
will be submitted on October 5th for voting on October 12, 2021, please contact Deidrea Mabry , email@example.com for more information.