Send a Donation to the AMSA Development Council
Secure online contributions may be made by choosing the specific fund below. For other methods of giving see the list of links in box to the right (or at the bottom of the page if you are on a mobile device).
- AMSA Long Range Endowment Campaign – Meat the Future Campaign
- AMSA Development Council Century Club (more info)
- Mark Miller, Candidate for Mentor Recognition
Established Funds by Program Area
The Innovation fund underwrites and cultivates initiatives which allow AMSA to reach the largest possible audience. Unrestricted Gifts made to the Innovation Fund allow AMSA to quickly address new or emerging opportunities, as well as to fund our highest priority efforts.
Youth Programs Endowment Fund – Three Options:
- The Meat Judging Fund fosters future leaders, researchers and communicators by equipping them with skills needed to make positive contributions in industry, academia and government.
- Youth Programs are programs and initiatives outside of judging that introduce students to meat, meat science and opportunities in the industry.
- The AMSA Internship Program provides unique hands-on opportunities in the U.S. and abroad for
youth to experience their particular areas of interest.
Program, Communication, and Outreach Fund
AMSA is the premier provider of learning and knowledge for the meat science discipline. This fund is intended to help the association deliver innovative learning experiences, opportunities for peer-to-peer collaboration and leadership development programs designed to develop future leaders and scientists.
- Programming and Conferences
- AMSA Reciprocal Meat Conference, PORK 101, SALUMI 101, educational webinars, as well as new programs developed in accordance with the Association mission.
- Education and Outreach
- Continuing education programs and professional development, Meat and Muscle Biology, a peer reviewed journal; and online resources including articles, fact sheets and training resources
- Outreach by AMSA to represent meat science expertise for current and emerging meat science issues.
Checks written to the AMSA Development Council may be sent to:
AMSA Development Council
c/o American Meat Science Association
American Meat Science Association
302 S Platte Clay Way, Suite 107
Kearney, MO 64060
Please indicate any fund designation on your gift.
Ways to Give
There are many ways you can have a direct impact on young leaders and the advancement of meat science through AMSA.
Mentorships and Memorials
Checks and credit cards (including monthly recurring gifts)
Stocks and Appreciated Securities
Qualified Charitable Distributions
If you are over the age of 70 1/2, you are eligible to make a Qualified Charitable Donation of up to $100,000 from your IRA each year.
Wills, Estate Planning and Beneficiary Designations
Donate by a grant from your Donor-Advised Fund
Check with your company's human resources department for potential opportunities.
Real Estate, Life Insurance and Tangible Personal Property
Please work with your financial professional to identify the best giving method.
For more information on how you can play a vital part in supporting a bright future for meat science, please contact Collette Kaster, AMSA CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-517-AMSA.