Student Board of Directors
A global science community of students who strive to foster leadership, vocational development and professional relationships within the animal, food and allied industries.
- Involvement – We value active participation and contribution of the members to the success of the AMSA student membership.
- Outreach - We value the resources to educate the current and future generations.
- Networking - We value environments that create and foster professional and social relationships.
- Professional Development – We value continued enhancement of the student membership’s professional skills and marketability.
- Knowledge - We value science, the sharing of information and innovative thinking.
Student Webinar: Demystifying Sustainability in Agriculture
Recorded Dec 19, 2022
Dr. Sara Crawford joined the AMSA student webinar on November 2nd to speak about Demystifying Sustainability in Agriculture.
Dr. Sara Crawford joined the AMSA student webinar on November 2nd to speak about Demystifying Sustainability in Agriculture. She explained her current role as President of Sustainable Environmental Consultants as well as her background within the ag and meat science industry. Dr. Crawford shared her expertise on combating the term for sustainability in the form of an ESG report. She also discussed the significance of sustainability for the industry as it pertains to consumers and stakeholders wanting more information on a company’s impact on the environment. Lastly Dr. Crawford shared with students how they can get actively involved in sustainability within their courses, organizations, and future career paths.