AMSA 2024 RMC International Lectureship Award
AMSA as closed nomination submission for the 2024 RMC International Lectureship Award. We will announce the winner in October.
- To honor an individual for internationally recognized contributions to the field of meat science and technology.
- To recognize the recipient’s active leadership and promotion of international activities in fostering cooperation and open communication, and the dissemination of knowledge for the benefit of society through meat science and technology.
- To provide an opportunity for the recipient to share his/her expertise with the AMSA membership.
- To enhance, expand and promote the international scope of the AMSA.
Travel and meeting expense for the recipient to attend and speak at the 2024 Reciprocal Meat Conference (RMC), $1,500 honorarium and appropriate memento. The award will be presented at the annual AMSA RMC meeting during the technical program. The recipient will be required to speak at the 2024 RMC and provide a written manuscript as part of the technical program and proceedings. The exact time and location of the lecture will be decided by the Planning Committee based on program needs and award winner interests.
The AMSA International Engagement Committee, AMSA Board President (Tommy Wheeler) and the RMC Chair (Jeff Sindelar) will serve on the selection committee and will select the recipient of the award based on the eligibility criteria. The committee will request nominations from the AMSA members, AMSA International Engagement Committee and the RMC Planning Committee who meet the following criteria. The nominations must include the name and affiliation of the individual and a brief statement of qualification, no more than 2 pages.
Eligibility: The award winner must:
- Be an internationally recognized individual who has made distinguished and meritorious contributions to meat science and technology. Particular attention will be paid to longtime benefits of these contributions on the international scene.
- Be active in current research.
- Agree to give a presentation to the membership of the AMSA at the 2023 RMC in the year the award is conferred. The subject of the presentation will deal primarily with the individual’s research interests.
- AMSA membership is not required of the winner.
- Officers and members of the Board of Directors of the AMSA are ineligible for the RMC International Lectureship award given by the Association during their term of office.
- No previous recipient of this award is eligible to win the award again.
- Click here to see previous winners!
Dates and Deadlines:
- October 9 – Announce Winner on RMC Planning Call