National Meat Animal Evaluation Contest
2023 Meat Animal Evaluation Contest
The 2023 National Meat Animal Evaluation Contest is scheduled on March 26-28, 2023 at West Texas A&M University, Canyon TX.
Registration for the National Meat Animal Evaluation Contest:
- If you need to be invoiced, please contact AMSA Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule of Events
Saturday, March 25
- 5pm Feeder Cattle Workout @ WT Research Feedlot
- Address: https://goo.gl/maps/i2RWdwBf8U1LPoyV8
- Please do not speed down Nance Ranch Road.
Sunday, March 26
- 9am Market Animal Division @ Bain Event Center
- Address: https://goo.gl/maps/wx2xcAuxi3ZtUYts8
- When at WT, park in the dirt lot behind the Bain Event Center or in Visitor parking.
- Lunch will be provided.
Monday, March 27
- AM Communications Division - first teams report @ WTAg or JBK (More info to come next week)
- 1:00 pm Breeding Animal Division @ Bain Event Center
Tuesday, March 28
- 12:00 pm Meats Division @ WT Caviness Meat Lab
- 6:30 pm Awards Banquet @ WT Piehl-Schaeffer Pavilion
Contest Timing: 15 minutes/class- Market Division; 10 minutes/class- breeding division; 10 minutes/class- meats division
- The retail cut class will be beef, pork or lamb T-bone/porterhouse steaks/loin chops.
Information & Resources
2022 Meat Animal Evaluation Contest - Rules
MAEC Scan Sheets
2019 Communications Challenge
2018 Communications Challenge
MAEC Entry Form
MAEC Alternates Entry Form
2021 MAEC Practice Pricing Sheets.
Past Contest Results
High Individual Historic Results
High Team Historic Results